Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ginny Temple of Candle Light Dreams

I'm Ginny Temple of Candle Light Dreams. At present I'm the teacher down at Union School where Celeste the star of the story went to school. Back when we were kids I was the one who led "shy" Celeste around. I made sure she had a best friend which was me. We met the day she moved in to my parents tenant house. Will, my cocky and mean brother, and I walked across the farmyard to meet the new family. To be honest Celeste was a bit messy and bedraggled. Through the years she always had the faded look of a girl whose parents were having to watch every penny. But me, I simply adored her. That first day I learned her doll was tucked away somewhere in a box and by the way she stared at the ground when I asked where her dolls were, I could tell she thought I wasn't going to like her. What I first loved was her hair, Celeste has always had the prettiest auburn hair just the way her mother did. Her sister Bonnie the outspoken brilliant one has the black hair.
Moving.ahead, I forbid Celeste to like Will, my brother. It didn't matter what we were doing, playing Union Aid or using the two seat outhouse, he was a ornery and conceited as they came. I was a third grader when I told Celeste she had one choice.We were walking to school and I said, "So Celeste are you in on my Hate Will club?" She got all shook up and flustered because I told her there was a pig hanger for hogs, a pot to boil them in, and an ice pick in the particular shed we were using for our club house. Well, guess what? She thought I was going to kill Will and hang him on the pig hanger. I told her that was a good idea! Mostly I  wanted to make the gizzard cry.
If I told you the rest of the story about what happened to Celeste and how the story ended, you'd be oh so surprised. But then, it wouldn't be a story would it? Presently,Will, and Celeste and I are in Hawaii; we are being readied by the Indie Counsel for our debut.  So much has happened over the years and now that we're entering WW11 there's so much more happening. Just don't let Celeste fool you. She may be tall and beautiful, but she's got more strength than most anyone I know. To survive her ordeal with her "psyco" Aunt Sylvie and that pedophile pastor she had to. See you in a couple of days for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment