Friday, December 30, 2011

50+ A Wondrous New Year

Though It's five in the morning and I just finished writing-doing final edition, I couldn't help but think of what it means to have another year of opportunities. Wow! 365 days to enjoy and discover and do the things my heart sings of. Here are some frivolous desires of mine. Share yours with me please. Here goes as I sit on the bed and spread, my wings out over the world. 1. Turn the bedroom raspberry with a green carpet-Add pictures with yellows, purples, greens-2.Pack lightly and travel to Millersburg Iowa to see the origins of my ancestry then fly off to England and France and Ireland for the finishing touches-almost forgot Canada and Verches-a great part of my paternal side-3.design and embroidery a Christmas pillow for Anna our one year old granddaughter who-if she's still teething will -will eat the pillow and thread-but who cares? My wings fly when I'm around her. She loves computer keys and is the ultimate tease. So cute and rounded and cuddly. 4. Go to our cabin and sit with the,water, weeds, wild flowers, and skunks. There is much to be learned about natural behaviors from that which dwells outside. Have you ever seen flowers that are on the verge of a breakdown? I doubt it. 5. To celebrate life with my husband and partner and stay on track. Mostly I desire for us to go to a rodeo dance-to have some beer and do a little late night sweating in the Nebraska heat to songs like Crazy Girl. 7. I want to soften my face, and smile, and voice that I may soothes those about me. Lavender bath oil, a picked up house, a new hairdo, and zippy clotes would help. I may be 50+ but that doesn't stop me from making blackberry wine or blueberry ice cream, or swim with the dolphins. I leave you with this... Walk lightly, breathe deeply, and love others passionately. You'll be amazed at what you find.

2 comments:

  1. That was really beautiful. I found myself feeling happier and happier with each activity you described.

    ReplyDelete