Saturday, August 4, 2012

Ginny speaks out! Candle Light Dreams Nebraska

Once again, I'm the spokes person for Barb's book. My topic for today might shock you and her. It's about my brother romancing my best friend. when Celeste and I were third graders I made her join my "Hate Will Club." It began the day he put a bull snake in the outhouse. Celeste and I were looking at the pictures in the Monkey Ward Catalog when I looked down at something swirling about on the floor. There wasn't much light-just enough for me to figure out fast that a snake was at my feet.We screamed and scurried out half dressed. Celeste and I ran to the house crying. Will had to milk all the cows that week. It wasn't long after that when we were twelve that Celeste fell for Will who had no idea she was alive. I was so mad at her. My best friend thought my brother was CUTE. I would have made her pick him or me but it was then that her parents were killed. How could I blow up at her in the depth of her grief. It wasn't long before her abusive aunt came to take her away. I forgot all about Celeste's betraying our friendship over the likes of my scum brother. He was the star quarter back and stud of Brady high. Will could have his choice of dating anyone. But then I went to Brady a bit later and was just as popular. We matured and became friends. It was five years later when Will met the hatched and beautiful Celeste who was goggling over his pigs at the State Fair..That Thanksgiving Will flew her home to the ranch. When I first saw her-I about dropped dead. She was model beautiful. I was so glad to see her again.We ate dinner... the family teasing her the whole time. We knew how shy she was. We'd just finished when Will kissed her right there at the table She, "Miss Bashful," thought nothing of pressing her lips against his. I couldn't believe it. EvenI,one who is bold and provocative, wouldn't do that. I would not kiss the brother of my best friend in front of her or her family! Did she understand that it was Will's lips she was kissing?? Will is nice, he's handsome, he's a romeo with the girl's but for the life of me, I can't fathom any girl I know wanting to romance the boy I grew up with. It just gave me the creeps. If she had been a stranger it would have been all right. That day I knew that she was the one he'd fallen for and it wasn't going to end. In time I came to terms with the real problem. Will would come to know her better than me; she would share things i would never know about. He would love her more than me or anyone in our family and she would love him more than me. I can laugh now and know that Celeste and I will still be best friends. Better yet, who's she going to rely on during their fights? It's me. And who's going to come to know the real Will. It's her. Lots of laughter-Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment