Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Nebraska,A Prairie Life

Dear Grandaughters, 
    I am going to do a series of posts about growing up in Brady, a small town on the Nebraska prairie. I will be writing about my experiences in the '50s and '60s when life was different. At that time, we lived without televisions or air conditioning. Calling a friend meant picking up the phone and telling the operator what number you wanted her to dial for you.. We didn't have a swimming pool, or theater, and certainly not...computers. Our only store, except for two grocery stores, was the drugstore.
    
    This might sound drastic, but I have wonderful memories and a few not so wonderful! (I could be on the ornery side.) Nevertheless, I would like to share those things I remember., I will be writing about school, holidays, parades, the games we played. the Brady cafe, and much more. I will include my own antics. I hope you enjoy these blogs.  Love, Grandma Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment