Friday, July 4, 2014

A Cyber Bully and Your Response

In a country that offers freedom, we have a powerful new weapon. The Cyberbully.....

A Cyberbully is a small and insecure person who lacks self-confidence and character. Think of them as being the size of a frog. They feel little and insignificant. So how can they feel big. They can increase their size by intimidating you on the internet on social media sights. I know becuase it happened to me. I felt powerless, embarssed, humiliated and very alone. I had posted a poem and someone blasted it. Why? 
Because they didn't write the poem and becuase I was having fun and my trust level was bigger than it should have been. I was not expecting that to happen. I confronted the bully who denied and asked how I could possibly call him that. Well friends, it happned four times with this person. They were no going to stop!!! I decided that my only recourse was to block the bully. Guess what? Now I can't post on Linked In. I went from being a person of influence to losing my right to say anything. Futhermore, there is nothing I can do. I can't offer any explanations for why I blocked them. Here we are on the July forth and I have no voice on LinkedIn. OK. That's all right. I can post here and I will.

Cyberbully- an insignificant person who uses words without consequences to humilate and degrade. Why? So they can feel bigger. So they can make you afraid to post or create a poem or write an opinion. Call then green, jealous, had beens who are power driven.

What can you do?
1. Remember: you are dealing with untrue words...A label and nothing more.

2.. Ignore the response and act like you never heard it. Ignoring is powerful. Ignore everytime they come at you. IGNORE

3.  You can leave for awhile while you decide what recourse to take. However, try to feel flattered. Apparently you did something right or why else would he bully want to put you down? A bully is jealous and troubled. They never have enough inside to thrive on their own accomplisments. 

4. Turn to people who love and support you. Frankly, being bullied can feel like a sting and blow. So go to your friends for reinforcement.

5. Study bullying. Learn what you can do. There are sites on line and you could even become an advocate for teens and small children. A child is helpless. When I was a therapist the best advice I gave was HAVE FUN. Always have a passion on hand to dist ract yourself.  Remember just how lovable you are and that their words are AIR. The are gutless people who turn to the vocabulary. In fact, it's easy to do on-line. Their are no consequenses...no penalties. 



No comments:

Post a Comment