Monday, February 18, 2013

To Be Loved

Valentines Day has come and gone. Perhaps it's my age. I am not sure. I haven't always been able to absorb his caring ways. Meaning my husband. If I were to say that one of us owned those bad days or even weeks that happen in  marriages, I own the majority of them. Because I have an illness, it is hard to imagine him being straddled with the things we deal with--I face guilt each time he has to walk out of the house alone...each time I can't be the things I promised to be when we said "I do." Watching him go without his wife-the only word I know is guilt. He will say, "Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" Sure I want to but too often I can't.because of pain., I reached a point where I wanted him to find another wife. This was a mistake. I was fortunate to marry a man that really does want me. He really does. I finally saw how much it hurt him that I didn't feel he could. One day. I told myself that the man I married deserves all that I can give-All the laughter, the love, the listening. going when I can, and letting him hug and love me. I want him to be happy that we chose each other. This last month and a half paid off. The tide turned--and what I see in him is a warm, dedicated, fun loving, fantastic man. Scoot over world-Here I come romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment