Thursday, October 6, 2011

Crete NebeaKa /Doane Tigers/ Football Ranked 13

Saturday Immense! A Cinderella team is born. Beginning their fifth season as the conference underdogs in what is the nation's toughest conference overall- considering the teams of Wesleyan, Northwestern. Midland College, and now this Saturday ,Sue City's Morningside and lastly,  unbeaten North Dakota Wesleyn-we are sailing high, No one knew this was coming. Matt Franzen-all conference guard from both Gothenburg and Lincoln North East, and a Doane All-American Guard in 1995, replaced  Tommie Frazier five years ago. It was blood, sweat, and tears...but hanging in there-the  faithful seniors on down to the freshman and every boy who goes out each week. The win is in the spirit. It's in what you take with you and how you conduct yourself on and off the field. I have heard my son say that coaching most importantly encompasses getting the boys off to a good start in the world of ups and downs. I myself, am less than courageous when I watch them. For me it has always meant going to sit in the car when the stakes get too high. Sorry...I am not seeing anyone else take this course of action. But if I were to tell  my son, his wife, or the boys my reason for the trail away from the bleachers, it would be that my disappearance brings a reappearance. When I reappear it means -The Game is Won. Go Tigers! You are Champions...Hats off to Bessler and Mohlering and staff...

No comments:

Post a Comment